Have any of you wondered what it would take for your blog to be one of the most popular out of thousands who write here? When I got up today and peeked at this list, I felt like I had fallen down a rabbit hole.
Top Posts from around WordPress.com
- Halo Reach Weekly Challenge & Commentary – w/c 29th August
- Your Hate is not the Measure of Shelly’s Character, It’s the Measure of Your Own
- New Sony Reader T1 Leaked
- Arsenal seniors were a disgrace | Wenger is a disgrace | The Board and Kroenke are a disgrace
- Cuban man with 12 fingers and 12 toes
- Scientists and activists behaving badly
- [UPDATED] Sooyoung injured in Car Accident
- Nintendo Wii: The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Gold Wii Remote Bundle Detailed Plus Free CD!
I looked at these titles and aside from certain words like scientists/activists and the 12 finger/toe guy, I had no clue what they were writing about. I get the same feeling when I look at a paper advertising big concerts. I don’t recognize the names of any of the bands. One click each later, here are the subjects of these “Top Posts” in order:
Gaming, Reality TV (Big Brother), E-Readers, Soccer, Physical Abnormality, Right-Wing Politics, Korean Girl Pop Singers, and Gaming
Aside from a miniscule portion of politics and reality TV, I have never considered writing about these subjects, and most of them I have never held interest in. If this is what’s on people’s minds at the top, I shall be happy in permanent residence on the bottom.